12.16.2015

Some Tiny Reviews


The Romanov Sisters / Helen Rappaport 

   ARE YOU READY TO GET SAD? Because if you aren't sad yet, you're GONNA BE.This book is really good but also daunting in that there's a dark cloud hanging over the whole thing. Well, there's like eighty dark clouds with one especially giant, especially impenetrable dark cloud.

   Humanizing historical royals! A better understanding of many different motivations! Non-dry writing! Win win win (no matter what).


The Girl With All The Gifts / M. R. Carey

   I had to stop listening to/reading this because I was having trouble turning my back on dark spaces; it is very scary. I thought this book was for children. CHILDREN. It is not, and I was not prepared. I reckon I'll come back to this one, because it is quite good, but not for awhile here.

   Zombies! Experiments! Too scary for me at this time!


Step Aside, Pops / Kate Beaton

   I don't think I'll ever have anything bad to say about Kate Beaton, she is a national treasure. I gave The Princess and the Pony to my nieces and they love it. I could have gotten them a fat pony stuffie for Christmas and I am only just now realizing my grave error.

my new motto
 

2 comments:

  1. Great list - the first two were already on my TBR list and reading your blog makes me want to hop to it! And I LOVE Kate Beaton. I know random Canadian history bits because of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "ARE YOU READY TO GET SAD? Because if you aren't sad yet, you're GONNA BE."

    ahahahaha

    I'm slowly reading through Step Aside, Pops. Kate Beaton has my heart for forever.

    ReplyDelete