4.29.2017

readathon

I'm not technically doing Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon, but I have a free Saturday and am thoroughly in hermit mode, so it has fallen on an ideal day. I also love a) snacks, and b) reading.

I have two books on the go, Remnant Population / Elizabeth Moon, and the audiobook of A Darker Shade of Magic / V. E. Schwab. I don't know how many of you have seen The Tenth Kingdom (a cinematic masterpiece) but A Darker Shade of Magic has been weirdly reminding me of it. Jumping between worlds using a magic portal? Also there's a scene in The Tenth Kingdom which prominently features A Whiter Shade of Pale and there's no way V. E. Schwab didn't think about that song when they gave the title to this book.

Those are the books, these are the snacks, so far: a smoothie and coffee. Perhaps not very creative but oh well. I have leftover pizza to eat later, and gelato, and Guiness, and if you think I'm not going to eat a scoop of peanut butter later you'd best check yourself.

Will update as I go.

*****

"Will update as I go" hahahahahhhaaa

For readathon I listened to an hour and a bit of A Darker Shade of Magic, nearly typed it as A Darker Shade of Pale at least three (3) times, and read a chapter of  Remnant Population. I also went to see an improv show with my good good friend and did some needlepoint and cried at an episode of Call the Midwife. It is somewhat possible that I am becoming more like my mother in my show choices and reactions.

It was a good day and I'm quite satisfied with my reading performance.

2 comments:

  1. Ahahaha okay I know we've talked about The 10th Kingdom before, but I'm still so delighted to hear you talking about it. What a great program. How totally baffling it is with all its many elements and madnesses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I told my cousins that Josh and I got engaged, she immediately asked "did he propose with a singing ring? I certainly hope he did." And I laughed and laughed.
      What a ridiculous and excellent show.

      Delete