11.16.2017

Aurora Leigh Part Three Which I Didn't Read, Oops

   My body has been attacking me and term papers etc are heaping up and so I have to admit that I did not read this weeks section of Aurora Leigh, and I am sorry.

   What I DID read was Alice's and Jenny's posts about the last part and here are my impressions:

  • Once again EBB goes off on how good, pure, noble, etc poetry is, and how it transcends everything else. At some point I feel like we'll be like "we get it, Elizabeth, poetry is good." 
  • GAL PALS, WINK
  • Romney is a fake-woke bro and is also: the worst. Also he gets married too much. 
  • England has always hated France and probably always will? Remember reading Villette and Lucy Snow is like "I hate three things: France, Catholics, and everything else"
  • Victorians were the worst AND I always get mad when people are like "I was born in the wrong generation!!!!!!!111!" because really? You think so? 
   I'm going to do my best to read this difficult book in time for the last post. Who can say if I will be successful? Only time. 

1 comment:

  1. Glynis I'm at a point now where I will straight up cut a bitch over saying they should've been born in the Victorian era. SHOULD YOU? SHOULD YOU REALLY?

    ReplyDelete