2.03.2014

money

   As a departure from constant books books books, I am here today to talk to you about that inescapable woe: money money money. Or rather: some money-saving plans I am concocting/putting into action this month.

   It feels a little ridiculous to say I am "concocting" money saving plans because money saving is not very complicated. Here's how to do it: spend less. Voila, I am a genius. My  solution is straightforward and simple, and only requires a small degree of tenacity to carry out.

   This year, I have some big plans which will require big cash. Namely:
  • Tuition
  • California road-trip
  • Sweet tats
   Since these will all suck up a great deal of money, I need to be spending far less than I make in the meantime. The things I spend the most money on are books and clothes and so: a partial spending fast. For all of February/March, here's what I can't spend money on:
  • Clothing (including shoes and accessories)
  • Books (so sad)
   And that's it. Now, this is an odd month for me to do this, but a good one. It's my birthday on the ninth (omgosh, happy birthday to me) and on top of that, it's my 25th birthday (a MILESTONE) and usually I am somewhat liberal in birthday-gifts-to-self.With my favorite things taken away (as if I don't have enough books/clothes already) I'll just have to be satisfied.Gift cards aren't included in "spending".

   As an added bonus, this will give me time to finally finish adding the rest of my books to my cataloging app and give me some incentive to get some closet-purging done.

No comments:

Post a Comment