9.14.2014

Steppenwolf / Herman Hesse


   Here is my condensed review of Steppenwolf / Herman Hesse: "what in the world...?"

   Here is the slightly longer version of the review:

   So, I love Siddhartha / Herman Hesse, and as Steppenwolf is on every must-read list and it is a rather acclaimed tome, I went into it thinking "I am bound to enjoy this and/or find it valuable". While there were a few moments where I wanted to pump my fist in agreement with the book, by and large it was magnificently disappointing. Maybe I am not old enough to get it. Maybe I am not enamored with suffering enough. Eventually I stayed up late to finish it primarily because I didn't want to waste the effort I put into it by not finishing it, but I very much wanted to be done. Steppenwolf! Maybe read Siddhartha instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment