6.15.2016

It's Summer and I'm Barely Reading

   I still haven't finished a book since Yes Please, but I have a few on the go. I've been having some trouble paying attention to books this month, which I think is due to the amount of reading and writing I did with school, and the "now the pressure is off" feeling of being done. Hand in hand with my non-reading energy is a lack of writing energy AND SO, a list of the books I am reading:

  • Wish Her Safe At Home / Stephen Benatar - I may or may not finish this one. It is good, and the writing is good, and it is also highly uncomfortable (in the "this unreliable narrator does NOT realize what is actually going on" way). It is also due back at the library and I've reached my renewal limit, perhaps I will return it and come back to it at a later date. 
  • Year of Yes / Shonda Rhimes - I have like 40 minutes left in this audiobook, I will finish it very soon. Also: this book is as good as everyone says it is, which is to say: it's excellent. 
  • The Witches : Salem, 1962 / Stacy Schiff - this book is SO VERY LONG, but I am enjoying it. Learning heaps. 
  • Wolf Winter / Cecilia Ekback - tense! Spooky! Well-written! So good! QUITE happy with this pick, tbh.
  • A small selection of comics, including The Woods , Lumberjanes, and Y: The Last Man
   Since starting to write this post I've read the first volume of The Woods, and it was quite good. I immediately borrowed volume two (praise the Lord for my local library). 

2 comments:

  1. I'm in various stages of reading various books right now, and even the ones I think are great I'm having trouble concentrating on. (I blame West Wing. My roommate and my beau have both gotten me started watching this series for the first time and it's just SO GOOD that all I want to do is watch tv.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y the Last Mannnnn! An excellent problematic fave. :D I should do a reread, actually, it's been kind of a while since I read it.

    I have been doing a bunch of rereading this week! I gave Rainbow Rowell's "Attachments" another try, having been too thoroughly grossed out by its premise to enjoy it the first time around, and I'm rereading one of Diana Wynne Jones's very weirdest books, Hexwood, to see if I can figure out what's going on with it. (No joy so far.)

    ReplyDelete