6.02.2016

Reading in May

me @ my exams/papers

   OKAY, wow, May was bonkers. I wrote a zillion words for school, and was subsequently unenthused about any other writing. I also read a zillion words for school, and as a result only read ONE BOOK in May, which is a REMARKABLY low book count. That one book was:

  • Yes Please / Amy Poehler - SO GLAD I finally read this, it was GREAT. I listened to it as an audiobook and I'm pretty sure that's the best way to read it. 
   AND THAT'S IT. 

   BUT, do you know what else I did in May? I will tell you. 
  • Got a sweet rabbit tattoo
  • Wrote/read the aforementioned "zillion words"
  • EARNED A DEGREE, yes sir I did
   All in all, I am pleased with May. I mean, I managed to get a degree through distance education without dying, and I am pretty pleased with myself. And now June is bustin' out all over and I have so much time so spend doing fun-reading, and I am stoked

6 comments:

  1. I should really give a re-read as an audio book to the Amy Poehler. I read a manuscript of it that lacked all of the photos, and I was a little meh about it, but I think hearing her read it would transform the experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is QUITE good, and even Patrick Stewart makes an appearance!

      Delete
  2. A degree! How marvelous! Congratulations! See, it is the greatest May of all the Mays that ever there were!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, indeed it was QUITE the May. QUITE.

      Delete
  3. Really think I should listen to Yes, Please as an audiobook. Cos sorta like Emily, I read it and it was FINE, but thinking the audio would help a lot.

    Hooray for rabbit tattoo AND that degree!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's joyful AND poignant, which I think has a lot to do with Amy Poehler doing the reading herself.

      THANK YOU, I feel PRETTY GOOD about both of them.

      Delete