2.04.2018

something on Sunday, 02/04


I'm taking part in Jenny's something on Sunday, and there are two things that are bringing me joy this week, and here they are: 

1. I presented a research poster at a small conference this week, and my favourite professor who is a) an absolute gem and an inspiration, and b) person whose approval I crave, looked at it, asked thoughtful questions, talked with me about potential future research, congratulated me on my marriage, and said "well done." IT WAS A BIG DEAL, OKAY. ilu, Dr Mackey.

2. Upon being reminded of Sister Wendy Beckett's existence I googled with hope and discovered that not only is she still alive, but also that the entirety of Sister Wendy Beckett's Story of Painting is on youtube, that's right, all ten episodes, you can watch them all right the hell now. Her art criticism is compassionate, smart, insightful, and passionate, and I learned a lot from her as a child. That's one fo her videos at the top of this post, I cannot encourage you strongly enough to watch it. Also, she has an extremely good first sentence on her wikipedia page which lists her as a "nun, hermit, consecrated virgin, and art historian". I love her. 

1 comment: