2.19.2016

"I'll drive"



   LO, THE MOVIES from the last post.
  • Mad Max
  • Mad Max: Road Warrior
  • Mockingjay Part One
  • Stranger Than Fiction
  • Cowboys & Aliens
   I've watched Mad Max: Fury Road enough that I decided I needed to understand where it came from, and thus was born my quest to watch all of the Mad Max movies. Now all we have left to watch is Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome and if it is as much of a step upward/forward as Road Warrior is from Mad Max, I will be very pleased. Mad Max feels like a movie a highschool student would make. It's weird. It's nearly plot-less. It has a very optimistic view of a post-apocalyptic world (there are hospitals? and a fairly un-corrupt police force?). Road Warrior sets Max up as essentially a tertiary character who stumbles on an already-unfolding conflict, and is pretty clearly the visual ancestor of Fury Road. I am enjoying these movies! And now I can look forward to seeing Tina Turner in Beyond Thunderdome and then I'll have a complete idea of the Mad Max story and eventually I'll shave my head and then pretend it isn't because Furiosa is so fantastic.

   SPEAKING OF movies that make me want to change my hair, Natalie Dormer is great in Mockingjay. I still haven't seen the second part, I'm interested to see how they do it. The book wasn't as good as the first two, but was still enjoyable, but this movie is probably on par with the other ones. It's quite good. I don't have much to say about it? These movies do well with representation.

   Stranger Than Fiction was a bit odd but ultimately I enjoyed it! Whoever designed the interiors did really well! It made me think of Good Will Hunting, which is a good flick!

   WHY DO I LIKE COWBOYS & ALIENS SO MUCH?

   As a last note, I've rediscovered Polyvore and I've been making some sets inspired by the movies I watch and you can take a gander at them if you want. I like them, maybe you will. Here is a link!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Natalie Dormer is EXCellent in Mockingjay. I also have not seen the final film, partly because I can't bear to watch a certain plot development that I know is coming, and partly because I heard it wasn't as good as the foregoing ones (sob).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are all kinds of plot developments in the last movie that are going to make me collapse into a weeping mess.

      Delete