2.01.2016

January's Reading


   January was a bit of an odd month for me, but now it is February so let's just look back on what I read. It isn't much, unfortunately.
  • World War Z / Max Brooks: A+++++++, read this book asap. So good. 
  • Saga, v. 5 / Brian K/ Vaughan, Fiona Staples: I missed meeting Fiona Staples by mere hours, but at least I have a signed copy of this book, which is a small consolation. Her work elevates this book when the story is somewhat lacking. This volume felt in-between-y. 
  • Bleak House / Charles Dickens: FINALLY I am done reading this book. It took me so long but it was so good so I suppose I can't complain. I was in a bit of a book hangover for a week or so after finishing it, which I busted out of by reading...
  • Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant / Tony Cliff: so fun. Much adventure. Wow. Flying boats. 
   January was movie-heavy and reading-light, hopefully February will reverse that pattern. I now have Media Relations, Geography of the Canadian North, the Television Age, and Gender and Consumer Culture Since 1700 to think about, which will take up a good deal of my movie-watching time. This is my last semester and I am so excited to be finished with this degree, even though it only means two more years of school.

   I also spent January remembering my delight in making playlists, so for your listening pleasure: some Bowie faves, some Monday morning metal, and the songs I have been listing to on repeat lately.

   Here's looking at you, February.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm WORLD WAR Z IS THE BEEEEEEESSSSTTT

    (That is all)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting it to be good and then it EXCEEDED ALL OF MY EXPECTATIONS.

      Delete
  2. I got Delilah Dirk at the library on Saturday! It is in my home as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessssssssss, I am interested to hear your thoughts on it!

      Delete
  3. BLEAK HOUSE AND WORLD WAR Z these were such good choices omg.

    ReplyDelete